Consultation Open for Katherine Terrace/ Lindsay Street Intersection Safety Improvements
The Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics is planning to deliver a vital road safety project within the Township of Katherine.
Following safety concerns raised by the community and multiple incidents at the intersection of the Stuart Highway (Katherine Terrace) and Lindsay Street/ Railway Terrace, a road safety audit was conducted and upgrades have been identified to improve the safety of this intersection.
Consultation is now open on the intersection design:.
Proposed upgrades include:
- Extending and landscaping the median break
- Widening the kerbside to reduce the distance for pedestrians crossing at the intersection
- Upgrading the current “Give Way” sign at Lindsay Street to a “Stop” sign
- Refreshed line marking
- Relocated bus parking
Residents and businesses in Katherine and those who utilise the intersection are invited to provide feedback on these proposed works.
You can submit your feedback by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Department will be holding Community Consultation at the Katherine Shopping Centre on the following days:
- Friday 18th January 2019 – 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Saturday 19th January 2019 – 9:00 AM to 1:00 PM
Consultation closes on 25 January 2019
Works on the intersection upgrade are expected to commence in early 2019.
View the project Fact Sheet .