Some of our information has moved to NT.GOV.AU
Planning for a Vibrant Future
The Northern Territory Government is actively planning for the future. The Government has now released its Economic Development Framework and Ten Year Infrastructure Strategy and is working to ensure business and industry have certainty to plan for future growth and the community can be confident that we will protect what Territorians love most, our lifestyle and unique character.
Planning for a Vibrant Future aims to harmonise land use planning with the Government’s overall strategy for developing the Northern Territory. It is intended to guide future planning so that development continues sequentially and builds on, and is supported by, sound planning principles and
the NT Planning Scheme.
Planning for a Vibrant Future focuses on key growth areas including:
- Darwin, Australia’s Northern Capital
- Palmerston, The Family City
- Darwin’s Rural Areas, Unique Rural Lifestyle
- Weddell, A New Tropical City
- Cox Peninsula, Saltwater Living
- Katherine, A Logistics and Agribusiness Hub
- Tennant Creek, A Mining Services Centre
- Alice Springs, Australia’s Inland Capital
- Nhulunbuy, Arnhem’s Peninsula Paradise
- Regional and Remote, Our Cultural Landscape
The release of this discussion draft is the first stage in seeking your ideas about how to plan for a vibrant future for our Territory. But this vision for the Territory is only the beginning.
The discussion paper is now available to download.
To complete the online survey visit the Have Your Say Planning For A Vibrant Future page.